The Board of Directors upon the recommendation of the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee have identified the following areas listed in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 for carrying out its CSR activities:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitisation and making available safe drinking water, company can undertake program for educating the people.
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocational skills especially amongst children, women, elderly and differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects.
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans, setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measure for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water.
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts.
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents.
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognised sports, paralympics sports and Olympic sports.
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Centre Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Schedule Casts, the Schedule Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are provided by the Central Government.
- Rural development projects.
The Projects/ Programmes may be undertaken by an Implementing Agency or the company directly provided that such projects/ programmes are in line with the activities enumerated in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013.